Therapy by the Sea is the NJSOP's largest, most anticipated event of the year, welcoming over 200 optometric professionals for a weekend of continuing education, social events, and networking!
We look forward to seeing you!
19 hours of CE offered. Receive up to 13 credits.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CE CREDIT:
Track A courses presented at this event will be New Jersey State Board of Optometrists (NJSBO) and CE Broker Approved only (and are non-COPE courses). Courses will be accepted for CE credit in NJ, NY, PA, and FL. If you are licensed in any other state, please check with that state's Optometry Board to inquire if these courses will be accepted. Course outlines and speaker CV's will be added to the NJSOP event handout hub. A separate email will be sent to all registrants with instructions for accessing the handout hub when content is available.
Track B courses will also be AOA-CPC approved in addition to NJSBO and CE Broker.
Friday, October 20th
(7 hours of OD Credit Offered. Maximum number of credits that can be earned on Friday is 7)
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM - Exhibit Hall Open
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Buffet Breakfast in Exhibit Hall
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - OD Continuing Education
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Buffet Lunch in Exhibit Hall
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM - OD Continuing Education
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Student Friday - Students will be able to pariticpate in fun activities in the exhibit hall
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Welcome Reception in Exhibit Hall (drink and light refreshments. Live music provide by the band Dizaster Horse)
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Young OD/Students Meet and Greet - Sponsored by VSP. By invitation only.
Saturday, October 21st
(12 hours of OD Credit and 6 hours of AOA - CPC Paraoptometric Credit Offered. Maximum number of credits that can be earned on Saturday is 6)
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Exhibit Hall Open
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM - See Well Be Well 5K Fun Run/Walk
8:00 AM - 9:00 - Buffet Breakfast in Exhibit Hall
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM - OD/Paraoptometric Continuing Education
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Buffet Brunch in Exhibit Hall
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM - OD/Paraoptometric Continuing Education
- Exhibit Hall hours - Fri. Oct 20th - 9am - 7pm & Sat. Oct 21st 8am - 1pm.
- NJSOP Raffle prizes in the exhibit hall throughout the event.
- Student Friday with fun interactive activities
- Not to be missed.... Live entertainment at the Friday Welcome Reception provided by the band Dizaster Horse.
- The annual See Well Be Well 5K Fun Run/Walk will take to the Atlantic City Boardwalk on Saturday, October 21 at 7am. The first 50 race participants who register before September 1st will receive a race t-shirt! Proceeds from the See Well Be Well 5K Fun Run/Walk benefit the Richard J. Favreau, OD Health Foundation.
- Young OD/Students Meet & Greet sponsored by VSP - If you've been out of school 10 years or less we encourage you to attend the Young OD Meet & Greet starting at 5:30 pm on Friday, October 20. This invitation-only event will provide attendees with the opportunity to meet their VSP representatives and share ideas on how VSP can support future Young OD programs with the NJSOP. Light food and drinks will be served in a casual atmosphere.
- Stay tuned as more attendee events are announced!
For event disability accommodations, please contact Keira Boertzel-Smith at email@example.com or 609-323-4012 x 116. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.